Likes: The Facebook Algorithm Mom Problem
Very good explanation of why Facebook algorithms don’t work in your interest and why I rarely post there anymore.
I was tagged on Facebook to list ten books that have made an impression on me. These are the ones I came up with. I couldn’t split the Ellroy books so there are thirteen altogether.
- As I Walked Out One Midsummer Morning by Laurie Lee
- V by Thomas Pynchon
- Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
- A Disaffection by James Kelman
- The L.A. Quartet by James Ellroy (4 books)
- Just Kids by Patti Smith
- United States: Essays 1952-1992 by Gore Vidal
- The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
- Where I’m Calling From: Selected Stories by Raymond Carver
- Species of Spaces and Other Pieces by Georges Perec