This excellent Canterbury style prog-jazz album was brought to my attention by a Facebook friend. It’s “name your price” download but I think it’s worth at least a dollar per song of anyone’s money.
If you love National Health/Hatfield And The North etc this will band will be up your street.
The first part of Obsolescense from Abel Ganz’s fabulous self-titled new album. Best watched in HD and full-screen.
I’m not very enthusiastic about these awards but I vote because the music gets a bit of promotion. This is how I voted:
- Album Of The Year – The Unravelling by Knifeworld.
- Limelight Award – It had to be Thieves Kitchen due to the fact that I’m not familiar with the other bands in the list.
- Breakthrough – It has to be Matt Stevens this year.
- Live Event – Steve Hackett, Genesis Revisited. Another default choice. At least the list is relevant to the whole country this year.
- Anthem – The only song that qualifies as anthemic here is Make Some Noise by Big Big Train.
- Band/Artist Of The Year – I voted for Fish for his tenacity and for releasing a great album under difficult conditions.
- The Storm Thorgerson Grand Design Award – Fish gets my vote again for his A Feast Of Consequences set.
A track from my current favourite album. A review may follow.